Tattoos are one of the most popular body modifications today, and for good reason. People get them for a variety of reasons, from making a statement to simply expressing themselves. But with tattoos come the inevitable pain. Fortunately, numbing tattoo spray has emerged as a way to reduce the pain associated with getting a tattoo. This topical anesthetic spray is designed to reduce the discomfort of tattooing and provide a more pleasant experience for the recipient. But does it really work? Is it worth trying? This article will explore the benefits of numbing tattoo spray and whether or not it is worth trying.
What You Should Know About Numbing Tattoo Spray?
Numbing tattoo spray is a topical anesthetic that is sprayed on the skin directly before the tattoo is applied. This topical anesthetic comes in various forms, including gel, cream, and spray, and contains ingredients that help to reduce the pain associated with getting a tattoo. It is important to know that it is not going to remove the pain completely; it will just help to reduce it. Numbing tattoo spray is most effective when used on clean, dry skin. It is best applied about 30 minutes before the tattoo is applied, although it can also be used during tattooing if necessary. Numbing tattoo spray can be used on all areas of the body, including the face, so it is a good choice for people with sensitive areas. It is important to note that not all topical anesthetics are created equal, so it is important to be aware of the different types of tattoo spray available and what they contain.
How Does Numbing Tattoo Spray Work?
There are various types of topical anesthetic that can be applied to the skin in order to reduce the pain associated with tattooing. Some people prefer numbing spray, which is applied directly to the skin before a tattoo is applied. There are a variety of numbing tattoo sprays available, and each type contains different ingredients. The active ingredients found in most commercial numbing tattoo sprays are lidocaine, tetracaine, benzocaine, and prilocaine.
When sprayed on the skin, these ingredients are absorbed into the skin to help reduce the discomfort associated with tattooing. These chemicals are designed to numb the area, so while they can reduce pain, they don’t eliminate it completely. It is important to note that not all topical anesthetics are created equal, so it is important to be aware of the different types of tattoo spray available and what they contain.
Benefits Of Numbing Tattoo Spray
- Reduced pain – One of the most prominent benefits of numbing tattoo spray is that it can help to reduce the pain associated with getting a tattoo. When sprayed on the skin, it can help to reduce the amount of pain felt when the tattoo machine touches the skin.
- Reduced swelling – Spraying a topical anesthetic on the skin can also help to reduce swelling at the site of the tattoo. Reducing swelling can help the tattoo heal much quicker and reduce the amount of scabbing that may occur.
- Reduced bleeding – Getting a tattoo can cause some bleeding, and this can lead to unsightly scabbing and bruising. Numbing tattoo spray can help to reduce the amount of bleeding that occurs at the site of the tattoo, which can help to reduce the risk of scabbing and bruising.
- Reduced risk of infection – Getting a tattoo can be an excellent way to express yourself, but it can also lead to the risk of infection. Infections can be caused by dirty or unsterile equipment, which can lead to some pretty serious health problems. Numbing tattoo spray can help to reduce the risk of infection by preventing bacteria from entering the bloodstream.
- Improved healing – Many people mistakenly think that applying a topical anesthetic to the skin before getting a tattoo will reduce the amount of time it takes for the tattoo to heal. While this may be true for some people, it is not necessarily true for all people.
- Reduced ink staining – Skin that is not completely clean and dry before tattooing can cause the ink to stain the skin, which can be difficult to remove. Applying a topical anesthetic to the skin can help to reduce this staining and ensure that the ink is applied to clean, dry skin.
- Reduced risk of contamination – Proper hygiene is essential for preventing the risk of infection when getting a tattoo. Spraying the skin with a topical anesthetic can help to reduce the risk of contamination by creating a barrier between the skin and the tattoo equipment.
Is Numbing Tattoo Spray Effective?
The effectiveness of any topical anesthetic will depend on a variety of factors. The individual’s pain threshold, the cleanliness of the skin, and the type of topical anesthetic used are just a few factors that can impact the effectiveness of numbing tattoo spray. Generally speaking, most topical anesthetics are quite effective at reducing the pain associated with getting a tattoo. It is important to apply the topical anesthetic before the tattoo is applied because it needs time to be absorbed into the skin and take effect. In most cases, topical anesthetics take around five to 10 minutes to kick in, so it is best to apply the topical anesthetic at least 30 minutes before getting a tattoo depending on how long it takes to kick in.
Is Numbing Tattoo Spray Safe?
Generally speaking, most topical anesthetics are safe to use. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when using a topical anesthetic. The skin needs to be completely clean and dry before applying the topical anesthetic, and the skin should be free of any open wounds, scabs, or healing tattoos. It is also important to follow the instructions on the packaging so you don’t accidentally apply too much or use more than is necessary. In most cases, it is best to start with a small amount and add more if necessary. Some topical anesthetics can cause drowsiness or dizziness, so it is important to be careful when driving or operating heavy machinery after getting a tattoo.
Getting a tattoo is often a painful experience, but it doesn’t have to be. Spraying a topical anesthetic on the skin before the tattoo is applied can help to reduce the amount of pain felt during the tattooing process. While it won’t completely eliminate the pain, it can make you feel more comfortable during the session.